Can you gain a bigger butt without squats?

Yes you can!

Squats have become a hype thing,and everywhere you can read “she squats” or “without squats no ass” etc etc

Squats is a very good exercise of course,and is a mass builder exercise. It is a compound exercises that involves a lot of muscle groups and will produce a lot more

anabolic hormones which is something you want if you want to gain muscles.

Squats will not only help to build your lower body,but it will also help to build more muscles all over due to the hormones your body release from it.

Is squat that great to build a big butt?

I would say, not for everyone. and what I mean by that is :

* Some women are more quad dominant,and if they are, it is hard for them to let their gluteus do the job in squats,because their thighs(quads) takes over and do most of the job. so instead of build big gluteus, they build even bigger legs and not so much gluteus.

* Some women are more gluteus dominant(like myself),and if they are, they don’t have to do much to involves their gluteus for an exercise like squats or other leg exercises,because their gluteus will work really good and not let their quads take over too much. BUT it is harder for these girls to develop quads, their quads will not do their job as effective as they should and their legs stays smaller.

Women who are quad dominant and want to gain a bigger butt should focus more on sumo squats,as deep as they can go,you will have your legs wider apart and toes pointed more to the sides, this will help target the gluteus better

They also need to incorporate isolating exercises like donkey kicks,glute kick backs,glute bridge etc, to help fire up their gluteus

These isolation exercises will not by themselves give you a bigger butt, but they will absolutely help you find better glute contact when you perform squats and other leg exercises that involves both gluteus and quads.

The better glute contact you will get, the better you will build those buns.

And lastly….

Squats are not the only exercise that will help you build big gluteus, there are a lot of exercises that will do:

*Reverse lunges

*One leg deadlift

*Step up

*Sumo deadlift/squats

*Bulgarian squats

etc etc

And also, you have to learn how to train with better glute contact, this is not something you do over night, you need to practice,practice and practice

So give it time,and practice with your body weight only at first,and concentrate on your gluteus,. think “GLUTEUS” Imagine that your body is just a  glute and nothing else. gluteus,gluteus,gluteus!

Good luck:-)

bigger butt lo

17 Comments on “Can you gain a bigger butt without squats?”

1. Karyn October 4, 2013 at 1:32 pm #

How can I tell if I’m more quad dominate or gluteus dominate?

• LO October 4, 2013 at 3:32 pm #

Karyn,

If you feel it mostly in your thighs when you perform squats and not much in your gluteus,also if your thighs grow more than your butt

• Karyn October 5, 2013 at 5:03 am #

Thank you for the response! You’re very inspiring! :)

• LO October 5, 2013 at 11:57 am #

You are welcome:-) thanks dear!

2. Karyn October 4, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

dominant* grr

3. Ev October 4, 2013 at 9:52 pm #

Hi lo does consistency of time have an effect on the workout? For example, would it make much of a difference if i do 10 minutes of effective butt exercises once an hour every other hour? Or is it better to do them all at once? Hope this makes sense to u : )

• LO October 5, 2013 at 11:58 am #

Hi Ev,

If you want stronger and bigger muscles, then do it one time

• Ev October 21, 2013 at 11:43 pm #

Alright thank u lo = )

4. Audrey Lampley October 5, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

Thnks for your support

• LO October 6, 2013 at 10:55 am #

You are welcome!

5. Viv October 5, 2013 at 9:05 pm #

I have been training for a few months now but have heard from others about Aguaje to increase results. I’m curious have you tried it personally as a nutritional supplement and do you think it is effective? I also saw posts about applying fish oil to increase fat tissue and wanted to know what you think about that.

• LO October 6, 2013 at 11:00 am #

Hi Viv,

I don’t know anything about that and I would not even put fishoil on my butt, sorry but it does not work that way( add extra fat on your butt from fishoil)

• viv October 7, 2013 at 8:49 pm #

Ok thanks for your reply. Yeah I wouldn’t be able to deal with the smell buy some women swear by it and those enhancing creams. It seems like a waste of money to me.

• LO October 8, 2013 at 7:47 am #

It is one thing to write on forums that things work etc,we need proof;-) what I have learned is that many people write a lot but most of it is not what it seems.
        Mostly young women are not familiar to their bodies and don’t understand that we shift in weights and water all the time, and water weight from hormones etc will give you a bigger measurement, so you can have one measurement one day and another bigger or smaller the next day depending on water weight

And this water weight can be there for a a couple of day’s to a longer period of time. and if you don’t understand how your body works, then you will likely believe that this
        gain was from a pill or cream you took

I do think that creams might have a swelling effect when you put it on, but not add fat as they claim. the swelling will go away when you stop,and it is not much either.

When there will be a product on the market that really works for real, like a cream or pill, I will be one of the first who would buy it lol

6. Hope October 6, 2013 at 11:52 pm #

Hi LO,
    Thanks for the the valuable info. Question: were you always glute dominant, or did you train to be glute dominant? As a child I was was very glute dominant and had a really large butt. I was teased so I hated it. I learned to walk and move differently to decrease the appearance of a large behind. But by the time I became a young adult I lost all my glutes- now big butts are a good thing! I think I subconsciously trained myself to not use much glutes during my movements. Now when I work out its hard to get good contact because im so weak in my glutes.

• LO October 7, 2013 at 7:59 am #

Good day Hope,

If I don’t work out with weights, I don’t have a big butt,but if I weight train, my butt takes over the job and wont let my legs do their best, so I often end up with a big butt but still smaller legs.

I have practice a lot now to feel it more in my quads and right now, my legs have become better!

So you can always practice to learn how to use a muscle better in your workout and daily life and help it grow better
      It takes time,patience and practice,so you can always do it:-)

7. Lea November 6, 2013 at 11:00 pm #

Can you workout out 5-6 days per week without reducing glute muscles? Or should I stick to 2-3 days? If I stick to 2-3 days, what can I do on off days without shrinking?

Lo does not respond due to having a break form this blog

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s