Flat butt after havning a baby (after pregnancy )

Yes,I will write about this again, I wrote about this in my old blog, for new blog readers who have this problem

I will explain why your butt is  flat or smaller after your pregnancy

During your pregnancy you will gain a bit more fat because the estrogen levels increases,this fat will often collect on your thighs,butt and hips and belly,and it varies depend on how much food you consume during your pregnancy and also your genetic where you will store your fat,after pregnancy your body’s estrogen levels drops a lot and it will take a few months before your body start to produce the normal level of estrogen again

When you start breast feed your child after pregnancy  hormones  will be releases and those hormones works like  your own lipo suction when you breast feed and it will help you to lose weight really fast especially from the fat deposits that are stubborn like your thighs,hips and butt,and when that happen you will end up with the same body weight you had before or less weight than before but with a much more flat butt or perhaps smaller legs and hips

But wait.., it is more to that story…

During your pregnancy when your belly grows you will arch more and when you do, you don’t use your butt muscles like you did before your pregnancy and if you don’t activate your gluteus(butt muscles) they will become smaller and weaker and therefore your but will become smaller or more flat

Not everyone will notice this,but a lot of females will

When I had my son, I could only breast feed for 2 weeks, I hardly had no milk in my breast,this was not because I had silicone, this was happen to my other sisters as well and they don’t have breast implants

But I notice that my butt was more flat from the profile and when I tried to train again it was WAY to hard to get that apple booty again! I trained and trained and my butt did not look the same as before I had my son

It took me a very log time before my butt look the same as before with weight training and now I am there again with a full booty from workout:-)

SO, my suggestion to all the mommies with the flat butt syndrome is NOT GIVE UP or get to sad!

Here comes my tips for you!

1, During your pregnancy do not over eat, you don’t have eat for 2 people, you ONLY need like 250-300 calories extra per day to feed your baby and make sure he/she will grow and develop like he/she should

2, ACTIVATE your gluteus(butt) everyday by taking a walk for at least 30 min,or indoor bike etc

3, Train your gluteus 2 times per week,but you have to be very careful and not use to heavy weights during your pregnancy,use only 2 legs exercises and NOT one leg exercise,becuase your pelvis must be in a straight line all the time

examples of exercises you ca do:

* Squats with your two feet, slowly and with control, do not go down to deep

* Butt bridge slowly with control

* Hip thrust slowly with control

* Stiff deadlift slowly with control

* Deadlift slowly with control

Use ONLY light weights or your body weight, avoid all the one leg exercises because if your pelvis tipp you will have back problems and also pain in the groin for a very long period of time! This was a mistake I did, after I did lunges

It cracked in my groins and after that I could not walk more than 15-20 min because of the pain,and also in my lower back, and I had this the whole pregnancy! and I can still feel some pain in my groin sometimes,so take my advice!

3, After your pregnancy,eat clean food with more good fats,low to medium fast carbohydrates and low fat proteins

Eat more food because you will burn about 500 calories extra from breast feeding per day!

4, After pregnancy,Take your walks, this will activate your muscles and help with blood flow to your muscles so the nutrition easier can reach to your muscles

5, After pregnancy, you can start very slow only with your body weight after 2 weeks and do some butt and leg exercises and take it slow, do not rush and do not train to hard,only train to activate your gluteus and legs a bit

and do it 2 times per week the first month,after that you can add more weights and train a bit harder,but you should ALWAYS listen to your body, we are all different and we recover differently too

22 Comments on “Flat butt after havning a baby (after pregnancy )”

1. Trish aka german_girl_with_curls February 25, 2011 at 5:42 pm #

Thank you for posting this. As you know I have no children, and everyone keeps reminding me that the baby-making-factory may shut down soon, haha. :-) I’m not planning for any children anytime soon…and I can’t guarantee there will ever be any to come as my body just hasn’t wanted to get pregnant. But I HAVE always wondered about keeping curves (in the right places) while being pregnant and not injuring yourself or baby. I’ve seen my own friends go through pregnancies and overnight grow beautiful breasts and butts and nice legs, but then everything seems to just deflate about a month after birth. Of course my friends were not working out NOR were they eating correctly. I will keep this in mind should the situation every occur. :-)

• yesmeoh February 25, 2011 at 10:38 pm #

You are welcome:-)

Yes, it is many women out there who wonder what the hell happen to their butts! So that was why I wrote this again, I wrote a shorter article in my old blog
      Trish, you are still young;-) and if you want kids when you are 40 year it is okay, or if you don’t want it is okay too

It is better to do what you want instead of listening to what other think you should do!

• Trish aka german_girl_with_curls March 1, 2011 at 6:48 pm #

Amen to that, girl! Yes, ALL THE TIME my husband’s Zimbabwean girls are coming over and pressuring me so much to have children. I DO NOT WANT CHILDREN RIGHT NOW! I love kids…but their kids…oh, boy. Another story! My husband wants children probably more than I do, and he even says their kids make him GLAD we do not have children yet! Their parents feed them tons of fruit juice all day long, thinking that it’s healthy. And then because the boy is so skinny, he gets McDonald’s and all kinds of processed junk whenever he wants. I don’t say anything because it’s not my business, but he is WAY too hyper and doesn’t mind very well. He will throw himself on the ground and throw fits like a girl. I only tried that ONE TIME with my mother as a child, and let me tell you that after she got through with me, it never, ever happened again! I do not think that physical punishment should be the first resort (children should learn about the alternative choices they have first before we react out of anger, which is the wrong reaction), but I do not hesitate in saying that this particular child needs to have his backside swatted a few good times. I have to hold VERY POSITIVE THOUGHTS before he comes over…otherwise he picks up on my energy and acts like a total fool, lol. :-)
        Anyhow, thanks again for posting. :-) You give me confidence that if and when I decide to have children, I WILL get my body back! Or better yet, how about I not totally lose it in the first place. I saw a woman go to our gym years ago who was pregnant, and she looked very good her entire pregnancy. I think toward the end all she could do was ride the stationary bike, the ones that sit on the ground and no high up, at a very low and easy speed…but at least she was still taking care of herself and the baby. Her belly got huge, but her arms and face stayed slender, and she gained the perfect amount of weight in her butt and thighs. She was naturally very long and lean to begin with, so she didn’t gain more than she should have.

• yesmeoh March 2, 2011 at 10:35 am #

That is great Trish!!!

Listen to yourself:-) When/if you are ready someday you will be a supermom! and I think the best time for having kids is WHEN you really feel that you are ready for it
        otherwise it can be some trouble, like depression etc and your child would not feel good about it either, so wait until you feel ready for it:-)

haha well I agree that there are some kids who really are annoying lol , you are doing the right thing even if it is hard haha
        But It is sad that they give that kid a lot of sugar and bad food:-( man that can cause a lot of problem,Kids should not eat bad food that often or much because kids fat cells can easy divide and make them fat pretty easy just because of that and it will be harder for them to lose weight when they are adults plus a lot of health problems…I don’t know, perhaps I would explain in a nice way to that mom how bad junk food can harm her kid,it depends on how well I knew her
        But I know it is hard to say something like that to somebody because they will often get upset etc

perhaps you can tell her to do her own fruit juice in a mixer for her kid?

2. stephanie June 1, 2011 at 8:35 pm #

Thank you so much for posting this, I knew I wasnt going crazy and my butt looked much smaller. All my jeans fit different and it makes me really sad bc I had no curves for a long time and got teased for being so skinny. When I got pregnant my booty was at its peak, and now I def dont feel as sexy :(. I will try ur advice, I really wanna get it back ASAP

• yesmeoh June 2, 2011 at 10:12 am #

hi Stephanie!

You are welcome, that was what I noticed too with my first pregnancy, I saw the different after my son was born.
      so the best thing is to activate your gluteus during pregnancy as much as you can,and you can ALWAYS get your booty back with weight training and proper diet
      just give your body a challenge, Ii got my booty back! and so will I after this baby too:-)

Good luck!

3. babe pessolano September 5, 2011 at 7:42 am #

wow thanks girl! my butt was my bestest feature BY FAR! after baby i noticed that it disappeared and im super sad. approximately how long did it take for you to start seeing results???? i know we r all different but a time line always gives encouragement:-) and also wat type of exercises did you do, how many times a week? thank you in advance.

• yesmeoh September 6, 2011 at 7:41 am #

You are welcome.-)

You can get your booty back if you working out and eat more food:-) it will take some time but you will get it!
      Hhmm it took a while for me to get my butt back because I did not train good after my first pregnancy, I did not have the motivation..
      but then I trained 2 times per week(legs and butt) and did exercises like lunges,bulgarian squat and hip thrust etc

Best regards

L.O

4. The Deputy May 21, 2012 at 6:01 am #

Thanks so much! I’m six months pregnant and my butt is all but gone… good to know there’s hope to get it back!

• yesmeoh May 22, 2012 at 7:51 am #

You are welcome:-)

keep it up and good luck!

xoxo

5. amanda August 1, 2012 at 12:55 am #

i have always had a big but and for some reason my but is so nasty right now im 17 weeks n im confused, im hopen its just because my stomach is comen out n then when it goes down i hope my but pushes itself bacc out

• yesmeoh August 5, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

Hi Amanda!

Yes, while the belly grows, your butt can look smaller compare to the huge belly, but also you need to strengthen your gluiteus as well so the don’t deflate,do some buttbridges with your body weight
      every other day or so and also do some walks, you can train when your baby is out to build more

good luck!1

xoxo

6. Krystal January 6, 2013 at 8:37 pm #

Thank you so much for posting this article. I thought I was the only one who lost there butt after pregnancy I feel so depress because I don’t look the same as I once did. I’m 21 5’5in tall and just had a baby girl about a year and a half ago. When I wasn’t pregnant I was weighting 125lb and had a nice big looking booty, now I’m 110 with a flat butt and cant gain any weight even if I want to I hate that I look this way.. please can you help me on how to gain weight and get my old butt back please. I’m so desperate at this moment. i hope to hear from you soon:)

7. Chelsea February 22, 2013 at 5:27 am #

Omg! Thank you for posting this! My butt was my best feature and I loved it. When I got pregnant at about 7 months I noticed that it had went flat and just didn’t make me feel good. I want to get my butt back because it made me feel sexy. I can’t wait to try this out!

8. Taresa April 1, 2013 at 4:58 pm #

I felt crazy for searching for this on Google, but after yesterday I had to. I had my son 6 months ago and nobody has really seen me a whole lot. He’s just starting solids and was only breast fed. Everybody says my butt has disappeared and that I’m too skinny, and smaller than before I had the baby. It didn’t start to bother me until my parents said it. My butt really is a lot smaller, almost flat! Panties that were too tight are falling off. Jeans that I told myself I just needed to slim down a bit to fit into are now falling off! I don’t mind being slim, but I need my booty back! Help me!!!!! What about muscle milk?????? I need suggestions:-(

• yesmeoh April 2, 2013 at 3:21 pm #

Hi Taresa,

Yes for most of us women who have had kids get a smaller/flat butt after having kids due to stretching out and also inactivity for our gluteus.
      The best you can do is to start weight train and get those muscles back and also eat more food so you can gain

It will take some time, but be patient andd you will get it back and perhaps even more if you train good:-)

Muscle milk, you mean protein? protein is good after a workout to help with muscle growth

good luck!

9. Taresa April 1, 2013 at 5:00 pm #

10. nyomi October 4, 2013 at 6:50 pm #

i knew i werent crazy i use to be bootilicous and now i feel like i just have a hole in my back lol but its very distressing i dont feel sexy at all im just slim and some people think im lucky to be slim but now i think i could have handled being a lil over weight instead i started squatting there was a small change but then i lacked motivation but now i got to start again after reading this post

11. Lisa October 28, 2013 at 5:30 pm #

How long did it take for your butt to get back to where you wanted it to be. I am 2 weeks post pregnancy and my but def looks deflated. I want to start light workout with lunges and squats. I am aiming for april which is 6 months post pregnancy to have a good shape again. Is that doable?

Lo does not respond due to having a break form this blog

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s