Smaller butt from exercise???

I recent got this email from a girl :

“Hey LO, i’ve been doing my monday, wednsday, friday routine you gave me, and my butt looks lifted (which is great) BUT it looks smaller, whats going on? (I want my butt to be bigger and firmer)…please let me know if there is anything i should be changing.”

I know that some girls have notice this as well what I have been read on other forums etc, so I think this is a good idea

to share with you other girls who might be experience the same thing

And I have to say this:

Your butt might look smaller because of four things…

1, You have to understand that muscles are  compact,and  muscles squeeze everything together ,

so therefore your butt will have a new shape more lifted and round,the new shape might give you a smaller look just because of a more compact look

This mean that you have gained muscles,otherwise your butt would not look more lifted,your butt look lifted because of increasing in muscle size ,BUT you need a lot more muscles to get the real results = BIGGER DONK

The longer you stick to your workout the more muscles you will gain(if you train right and eat right) and your butt will poke out more after a longer period of strict training

My butt also looked a bit “smaller” in the beginning,it was not smaller,ijust another shape,so don’t worry or get

discouraged by your new shape,because like I said, you need a lot more muscles to get the perky look.

Muscles grow slowly,so you need to be patient, it takes months before you see better  results and years to see a real big change(depending on what your goal is).

Most girls stops working out when they see their new shape, just because they think their butts are  smaller,so they believe

that weight lifting makes your butt small ! and trust me, there is  no way that  your butt will get smaller if you work out and eat right, muscles grows from progressive resistance workout, the only time your butt muscles will get smaller with workout

is when you train your butt too often = over training=muscle breakdown

So you need to train your butt max 3 times per week and not more!

2, The second reason to why your butt looks smaller from starting working out is that you eat to less calories for you to gain muscles,or that you workout and lose weight at the same time, because you are losing butt fat and not muscles.

When you gain more muscles,your body requires more food,because muscles require more energy,and you will burn more calories 24 hours with more muscles on your body,you will actually burn more calories while you sleep,sit and watch TV,surf on the Internet and other things you do etc

You have to understand that if you want to lose weight and build muscles at the same time,you are going to lose fat all over your body including your butt fat!, the good thing though is that if you gain muscles at the same time..

3, Third reason, you don’t increase weight each week, or not train to failure(exhaustion) , you don’t challenge your muscles enough

4, Fourth reason, you skip your workout now and then, if you want results,you can’t skip workouts after workouts and think you will still gain results

16 Comments on “Smaller butt from exercise???”

1. Shiloh January 18, 2011 at 1:38 am #

OMG thank you so much for explaining that. I too noticed my butt got smaller and I stopped working out. Now I know I just have to keep at it :)

• yesmeoh January 18, 2011 at 2:17 pm #

You are welcome:-) yes, keep training and your butt will grow!

good luck!!

• cassandra July 27, 2013 at 7:12 am #

I’m sorry if I stop working out, my butt will get smaller or to the same size I had it before

• LO July 29, 2013 at 9:51 am #

It will go back to what you had before you gained muscles

2. Akayla December 6, 2011 at 12:14 am #

Hi Yesmeoh, I have a more direct question for you . . . So your gaining weight in your lower area by building muscle but your also loosing weight? Because my goal is to gain weight in that area and not loose any weight wen the final results come

• yesmeoh December 6, 2011 at 5:08 am #

Hi Akayla!

If you don’t want to lose weight,you have to eat more food,and the ,more muscles you gain, you have to eat even more food to maintain or gaining even more bulk, so it is not a problem
      otherwise,you bulk up by eating more,and then cutting calories to get rid of weight

best regards

L.O

3. Astrid September 4, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

Thank yoy LO! You always have the answers :) oh what exercises are good to get bigger legs? I noticed my butt looks bigger than my legs…and I need help with the sides of my butt too.. It looks flat :( ill start going to the gym at my college soon.. Lol people stare at me because they see me working out thinking I want to lose weight..but they dont know I workout to gain weight by building muscle..thank u LO!

4. sepide February 8, 2013 at 6:56 am #

Thanks, I was really worried :-s

5. neey March 29, 2013 at 9:23 pm #

So what you’re saying is that if we dont want to loose our butt (like i currently am) , we have to eat more while still working out?

• yesmeoh March 30, 2013 at 11:06 am #

If you want big muscles then you need to eat more than you burn to grow your butt big

6. K June 25, 2013 at 9:23 pm #

I was overworking my butt and now it is smaller what should I do now? Should I avoid leg and butt workouts for a while?

• LO June 27, 2013 at 9:46 am #

Take 1-2 weeks off,eat well and rest and then train again,let your muscle rest enough for next session

7. K June 25, 2013 at 9:36 pm #

I overtrained my butt and now it has gotten so much smaller. What should I do to get my butt back to normal size?

8. K June 27, 2013 at 6:50 pm #

To get a bigger butt should you do higher reps lower weights or lower reps with higher weights?

• LO June 28, 2013 at 9:55 am #

It is not that much about weight actually or reps, if you train intense and learn how to use the muscle,then you will grow good. Beginner should always start out with a higher rep range until they have master technique and form
      like 15-20 reps/per set,and yes you will grow from that too

After a while you can train heavier with 7-12 reps

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Question of the day: Why is my butt smaller even if I working out? | Improve Your female Curves - November 11, 2011

[...] Another girl who had the same problem and my reply to her CLICK HERE [...]

keep your comments related to the post

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s