I have bad skin with acne,and I am trying to eat more clean and avoid pasta and bread as much as possible,and also I have added more fruits and vegetables to my diet…I have been pretty strict with this diet and have been on it for about one month so It is to early for me to tell if my skin is better or not..because I usually have 1 week when my my skin look better and most of the acne is healed,but then it all pops up like crazy again…so it is like this every month,I am “acne free” 1 week per month…it is very frustrating and I don’t feel so beautiful when I have this bad skin condition..
I went to the doctor today again,and he will send me to a skin expert so It can take months before I can get an appointment,so I was thinking if I could try something more for my skin when I am waiting for the appointment
I also have a acne soap I use every morning and night before bed,and use a facial cream that have A vitamin acid
Now, I was search on the net for home made facial masks and found some I want to try,so I will share with you what I found and this might interest you too if you would like to try a home made mask:-) I will paste it here..
Banana Mask for Oily Skin
- 1 banana, preferably ripe (you can keep ripe bananas in the freezer. Let it thaw before using)
- 1 tbsp honey
- An orange or a lemon
Add a few drops of juice from an orange or a lemon.
Apply to face for 15 minutes before rinsing with a cool washcloth or a steaming warm washcloth.
Homemade Aspirin Mask Helps Heal Acne, Pimples, Rashes
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
- 1-3 aspirin
- Coffee cup or glass cup
- Shallow dish
- Warm honey (runny honey), moisturizer made for the face or natural oil such as almond, olive or coconut
- Depending on the amount of coverage needed, use 1-3 aspirin.
- Crush the aspirin into small pieces by rolling a coffee cup or glass cup over them. Place aspirin in a shallow dish.
- Stir in a few drops of water to help the aspirin dissolve into a paste.
- Add warm honey, moisturizer or a bit of oil (almond, olive or coconut works). Stir well.
- Apply as a mask or spot treat the pimple or itchy area. Allow to dry. Wash off after 10 minutes.
Strawberry Acne Mask
- 1/4 cup strawberries (fresh, not frozen please)
- 1/4 cup sour cream or non-flavored yogurt
Simple Mask for Oily, Acne-Prone Skin
- 1 bottle Milk of Magnesia (Paula insists no flavors, please)
Wash with cool washcloth after 10-15 minutes.
Green Clay Mask for Oily Skin
- 1 tbsp green clay (you can get this in any health store)
- 1 tsp apricot kernel oil
- 3 drops of palmarosa essential oil
Mix the palmarosa and apricot oils together. Add a few drops of warm water. Mix together and add more water if need be to get a good, spreadable paste. Apply mask. Let dry for 10 minutes. Rinse off with a warm washcloth
Homemade Clay Mask for Oily, Dry, Combination and Acne-Prone Skin
- A basic fuller’s earth clay, also known as bentonite or green clay (if skin is sensitive, French green clay is a good option)
- 1 tsp honey
- water (oily skin), half and half (combination skin) or jojoba oil (dry skin)
- Optional: your favorite essential oil
I find it’s best to mix 2 parts liquid to 1 part clay.
Choose your liquid based on your skin type. If you have oily skin, choose water. Combination skin, choose milk or half and half and if you have dry skin, opt for jojoba oil.
Mix in a bit of honey.
Add more liquid if clay is too dry.
Add a few drops of the essential oil (this step is optional).
Keep mask on for 15 minutes.
Rinse off with a steaming washcloth (I like to steam my washcloths with a couple drops of the essential oils in the microwave, but make sure washcloth is not too hot).
Homemade Juice Mask for Oily Skin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 cup strawberries
- Optional: 4 drops of your favorite essential oils
Mash or blend the above ingredients.
Smooth over face.
Let it stay for 10 minutes.
There are more masks for other skin types as well,so just click on the link HERE if you are interested to read more